Zuora Helps Price & Quote Launch New Subscription Service Six Months Ahead of Schedule
Company saves money, accelerates growth and reduces time to market thanks to Zuora partnership
Redwood City, CA – October 24, 2012
Zuora, the subscription commerce, billing and finance leader, today announced that Price & Quote, a streamlining sales process service, has deployed Zuora’s platform to accelerate its time-to-market and improve operational efficiency.
By using Zuora from the start, Price & Quote launched six months ahead of schedule. Price & Quote can now launch its products faster than expected, not only saving time, but costs as well. With its increased efficiency, the company also expects to increase revenues up to 20 per cent over the next year.
Price & Quote provides a cloud-based pricing, quoting, proposal and contract generation application with built-in eSignature technology. The London-based business helps its customers automate and streamline sales processes to enable them to sell more efficiently and increase profits.
Launching in Europe
Price & Quote encountered many challenges common to SaaS start-ups, chief among them the need for a scalable, flexible billing engine. Building in-house was not an option due to anticipated development times, expense and drain on resources.
- Zuora was selected by Price & Quote as its subscription business management solution, because of Zuora’s ability to enable various growth strategies, streamline back-end processes, and provide visibility into the metrics that matter in the Subscription Economy.
- Price & Quote anticipates that much of its immediate growth will come from expansion across Europe. The start-up has been working with Zuora to develop a flexible, tiered subscription model, which will enable a major European expansion over the next year via multi-currency.
- The strategic relationship has helped improve Price & Quote’s value proposition and delivers a significant competitive advantage as it expands in Europe.
Managing complex subscription processes and products efficiently
- Zuora will simplify Price & Quote's complex subscription management processes, enabling the company to go to market faster, saving time and money.
- Thanks to Zuora’s customisable interface, Price & Quote’s processes are streamlined all the way through to its financial accounting software. Now, Price & Quote can create and manage any type of currency with the touch of a button -- which is crucial to its European expansion.
- Zuora’s reporting and metrics capabilities allow Price & Quote to get to know its customers better and develop further products and services that meet the needs of its clients.
- “With Zuora, we were able to accelerate product innovation and consequently reduce our costs dramatically,” explained Seamus Devine, Founder and Director of Price & Quote. “We have increased our time to market with new products and product bundles by 35 per cent. This means a typical product cycle has been reduced from three weeks to two. We were also able to achieve integration with our core cloud-based application and financial accounting software in 27 per cent less time than we had estimated, reducing the integration process from 50 days to 35, saving two weeks’ work and thousands of pounds in costs.”
- “Launching a business in today’s economy is all about time to market and the ability to get products out to market fast. Having the right solutions in place from the get-go is paramount to a business’s success. Price & Quote can sleep safe in the knowledge that it has a solution which will help grow the company, know its customers better and create a flowing business process,” said Tien Tzuo, CEO of Zuora.
About Zuora, Inc.
Zuora is the global leader in Relationship Business Management solutions. Zuora delivers the subscription billing, commerce and finance capabilities that have become the industry standard to help companies transition to the Subscription Economy. Enterprises and emerging companies alike use Zuora's multi-tenant cloud solution to enable growth strategies, to streamline key processes and to provide visibility into the metrics that matter most in the Subscription Economy. Zuora services innovative customers like Informatica, Tata Communications, Box.net, DocuSign, GigaOM, Xplornet, Ustream and Reed Business Information. To learn more about Zuora, please visit www.zuora.com.